Monday, July 16, 2012

Challenge- Accepted: Cheapskate Polyvore Outfit #2

Well, I haven't received any suggestions on outfits to turn into cheapskate versions, so I've decided to make one from one I personally like. It's a super cute outfit, very trendy: colored skinny jeans, bold statement jewelry, loose swing tank. 

Here is the original Polyvore version:



You can view this outfit on Polyvore here.
Total cost of this outfit: $1081!!!!!!!



Here is my cheapened version:



You can view this outfit on Polyvore here.

Total cost of this outfit: $173!!!!!!!!!!

This is less than one-fifth of the price of the original! Still cute? Yes! Very similar? Yes! The most expensive element of this version is the jeggings from Hollister at $50!

Now, to be honest, if I were creating an outfit containing some of these elements from scratch, I would swap out a few things for an additional pop of color. Mostly accessories.

I'd likely use this bag. Don't ask me why, but I couldn't seem to get a pic to upload for it.

Necklace:











Even with these five substitutions, the total cost of my version of the outfit would be: $230!!!

So, that concludes another round of Cheapskate Challenge! I need suggestions for new outfits to re-create, so please leave links in the comments! 

Til Later!
        -----D





No comments:

Post a Comment