Sunday, July 22, 2012

Challenge- Accepted: Cheapskate Polyvore Outfit #3

Well, I know it's been a few days. I'd say I was doing something really profound and life changing. But I wasn't. I was reading a new book- City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare. At any rate, I know no one cares what I was doing, so I'll just get on with it.

I got this outfit from my dear friend Lindsay again. I gotta say- she is the queen of finding me challenges! You'll definitely see that my version is quite a bit different than the original this time. I tried keeping the basic concepts of each piece though, and the color of the dress of course.

Original version:


You can view this outfit on Polyvore here.

Total cost of this version: $1219!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, the cost of this outfit reflects everything except the ring. The ring was no longer available for purchase, so the end cost of the full thing should actually be a bit higher.

So, my version:



You can view this outfit on Polyvore here.

Total cost of this outfit: $348!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know that this is really quite a bit different. The dress has a high-low hem and no tie waist, among other variants. The shoes are suede instead of patent, and instead of a creamy banana color are a softer taupe color, which I think coordinates better with the jacket and bag. The watch is almost solid blue, instead of just having a blue dial. And the jewelry pieces are missing the citrine accents of the above version. But essentially, the lines and cuts are similar, the jewelry style is similar. And at a quarter of the cost of the original version, it's pretty tough to beat! The most expensive element of this outfit is the watch, at $155 from Fossil.

Ok people, I need new suggestions for outfits! 

Til Later!
        ----- D


No comments:

Post a Comment